Special occasion or not, wine has become a part of every meal. Though not all Singaporeans consider wine, the fact remains that it can be good for the health. Yes, wine can be beneficial for your health and it is time that you know about it.
Red or white wine, here are the health benefits of drinking wine.
- It can control your blood sugar. The researchers from the University of Massachusetts found out that red wine can help regulate blood sugar. Red wine contains antioxidants that can slow the passage of sugar thereby preventing spike of your blood sugar. Wines are best for people suffering from Type 2 diabetes. Remember that red wines contain ten times more antioxidants than white.
- It decreases your bone loss. According to the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, red wine can improve one’s bone density by the time you reach 50. Aside from your glass of milk, you have to consider red wine as it reduces your risk of osteoporosis.
- It aids your digestion. In your digestive track, there are many types of bacteria – you only wish that there are more of the good kind of bacteria. Wines can help in shifting these types of bacteria. Wines like onions, honey and many probiotic foods, it can help with the growth of good bacteria.
- It can help with cognitive function. For those who are suffering from momentary black outs and forget things easily, wines are best for cognitive functioning. Be sure though to drink moderately. If the brain has moderate amount of wine, it can reduce your risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- It can keep you slim. Believe it or not wines can keep you slim. This is enough to keep you sipping for good. By the last sip of your wine, you will surely feel better. There is a thirteen-year long study of the effects of wine in relation to weight loss. The study found out that 19,000 suggested consuming enough amounts of alcohol can lower risk of being overweight.
- It can lower cholesterol. Knowing that it can lower cholesterol make a difference at the end of the day. According to the Yale-New Haven Hospital, antioxidants found in wines have the power to reduce LDL cholesterol.
- It can prevent heart diseases. Wines can prevent heart diseases. This is enough reason to drink wine every night. This is according to the American Heart Association. Moderate drinking of wines can in fact prevent atherosclerosis – characterized by fatty deposits formed on the walls of your blood vessels.
These are enough reasons to consume wine. The trick here is to drink moderately. If you drink too much, it will do more harm than good.